THE RELATIONSHIP COUNSELOR'S ROLE
• Listen to both people, remaining neutral without “taking sides"
• Champion the relationship — not the individuals
• Acknowledge and highlight helpful behaviors that already exist
• Illuminate negative behaviors and how they impact the relationship
• Make each person aware of what he/she does to exacerbate the ongoing difficulties, without blame or judgment
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist I can help you
take a look at the difficulties and challenges in your
relationship. As your counselor I will help you talk about
what’s not working. We'll learn together why and we'll
figure out how to fix it.
The counseling process helps people open up and share feelings. Often these feelings have been bottled up inside. We'll also learn what each person needs and wants from the other. Counseling also helps couples re-discover the other person again, in a way that is more satisfying to both. The goal of counseling is to provide you new skills for you to use to communicate with each other and to help you feel more connected to your partner.
My office is in Long Beach, California. I have day and evening hours. And if both of you work and can't make those, I'll come in on a weekend to help you. I want you to feel better in your relationship. Let me help you do that.
Stay In Touch.
Add Your E-Mail For Tips On Relationships And Healthy Living